Top 10 Ways to Keep the Tyres of Your Car Fit and Running
There can’t be absolutely any conflicts regarding the importance of tyres when it comes to a car. It is equivalent to the legs of a man, or probably more than that, without which we just can’t budge an inch. Also, since they are the base of movement of a car, hence it is highly important to maintain the tyres very effectively to keep things on the right track.
There are various factors that can help you protect your car tyres.
- The foremost factor that comes into play is the selection of tyre for your car. They should always be of the best quality. Check factors like the size, texture, durability, warranty, service and reviews before buying a car tyre. The reason why a tyre holds such importance is that, it is the only surface area that holds the weight of your car and makes contact with the ground. Add to it the various driving features like speed and brakes, which the tyre has to balance while controlling the car.
- The grip of a car is directly dependent on its tread depth. Normally the tread depth of a tyre is its 75%, which is around 1.6mm. You need to check the tread depth of your car tyre on a regular basis. If the depth increases, you need to think of a tyre replacement before it’s too late. Some tyres come along with an indicator which allows you to know if your tyre is wearing off. However, even then, you need to avail servicing of your car on a regular basis.
- The air pressure in your car’s tyre is another important aspect. Both a lack and an excess of pressure is harmful to the longevity of the tyres and is a safety concern. You should check the pressure of the tyres on a frequent basis as it tends to decrease based on the usage and environmental factors.
- A car’s balance is heavily dependent on its tyres. Hence, a better balance on the front and rear wheels of the car gives the tyres a longer life. It also ensures a comfortable ride in the car.
- Utmost care should be taken when it comes to the tires present on the rear side of the car. They are the main functions when it comes to stopping a car. Hence, the rear tyres should be kept free from any wear and tear.
- You should check the alignment of the wheel of your car from time to time, especially when your ride has not been on a smooth road. Proper alignment of the wheels ensures a proper balance of the car.
- The valve of a tyre helps it to hold on to firmly to a car. Since these valves are usually made of rubber, it is a good practice to check their condition as well, from time to time.
- If you keep an extra tyre for urgent reasons, it is better to keep them within the car. The main reason being that, it should be free from sharp objects and flammable substance or any chemicals.
- In case you want to opt for a car tyre repair, don’t hesitate to call for our professional service. Not only is it a difficult task to lift and repair a tyre, but the repair should also be done in the best manner and with a perfect tyre.
- Lastly, don’t predict the longevity of your car’s tyres. Since the material of a tyre is made of rubber, it is perfectly exposed to wear and tear. Do test it properly from time to time by visiting a service centre.